Pressure cookers are a great way to cook vegetables quickly and easily. Here are some tips on how to cook vegetables with a pressure cooker:
- Choose fresh, firm vegetables for best results. Avoid limp or wilted vegetables.
- Cut vegetables into even-sized pieces so they cook evenly.
- Add a small amount of water to the pressure cooker pot. Just enough to come up the sides of the vegetables.
- Place the lid on the pressure cooker and bring to pressure. Cook for the time specified in the recipe or according to the pressure cooker’s instructions.
- When the cooking time is up, release the pressure according to the pressure cooker’s instructions.
- Carefully remove the lid and check the vegetables. They should be tender but not mushy.
- If the vegetables are not done, replace the lid and cook for a few more minutes.
- Serve the cooked vegetables immediately.